Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Inspiration Quotes Can be Witty and Funny

In my recently published book, Mom and Dad’s Pearls of Wisdom… You Gotta Love ’Em (amazon.com), via 50 vignettes (brief stories) I share pearls of wisdom I remember getting from my mom and dad, as well as some that others got from their parents. The vignettes are fun to read, and many of the pearls are funny and witty. For example, when my dad eventually bought the business he had been running, he said to me, “When you run a business, it’s like having six balls in the air, but when it’s your business, two of them are your own.”

I discovered an intresting and fun Website, Clown Ministry (clown-ministry.com/clean_funny_jokes_more_witty_sayings), which contains many funny and witty sayings. For example, “Remember half the people you know are below average,” and “Honk if you love peace and quiet.”

If you have any pearls of wisdom handed down through your family -- serious, witty or funny -- please share them with me.

Thanks, Bill

No comments: