Saturday, December 23, 2006

Questions to Which I Could Respond

While doing some last minute Christmas shopping in a large mall, I had an opportunity to meet and chat briefly with a few friends, former students and former clients. In addition to a few hearty laughs and wishing each other Holiday greetings, we also talked about some interesting issues. In most instances, our more serious conversations started with one of them asking me a question about, or asking me for my opinion or thought regarding, something important to them. I considered such on their behalf as a compliment – what greater compliment can you get then to be asked for your opinion or thoughts. As I drove home, I reflected on my conversations in the mall and realized that most of the questions and curiosities thrown my way were consistent with my areas of expertise. (Of course, they know me and my background.)

Over the past thirty-five years, I have been a professor at four different universities, a licensed psychologist specializing in addictions, employee assistance programs, marriage and couples counseling, disability/rehabilitation, and a variety of mental health considerations in daily living. Via my research and scholarship, I published over one hundred refereed professional journal articles and twenty books (some of which are listed on the bottom of this page) – professional books, self-help books, pop psych books, and contemporary romance novels. (Okay, I know… you think I live a boring life. Not... I didn’t get my tan in a library.)

As I use the rest of my Christmas vacation to plan my activities for 2007, I will be thinking about future Posts for my blog. To wit, I would like to invite you to send to me, via a Comment, any “Questions” and “What’s your opinion abouts” that you may have within any of my above identified areas of expertise. And please note – all I promise is a response. I sure don’t have the answers.

‘til then, Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas..

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Likewise... I hope Santa treats you and your family well!