Saturday, October 28, 2006

Humility

There are times when I can’t think of a more important personal attribute than humility. And typically when I think of humility, I think of Mohandas K. Gandhi – you may enjoy this Website that includes many of his quotes: sfheart.com/Gandhi.html

In my recently published book, Mom and Dad’s Pearls of Wisdom… You Gotta Love ’Em (amazon.com), I recall an inspiration quote from my dad that helped me with my appreciation of humility. In his humorous, tongue-in-cheek way, he said to me, “If I could buy you for what you’re really worth and sell you for what you think you’re worth, I could retire.”

To wit, one of Gandhi’s quotes I love, is: ”It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.”

Enjoy, Bill

No comments: