Friday, October 27, 2006

Harley Wisdom…

Some friends and colleagues recently asked me, “What is Harley Wisdom.” Good question. I told them, among other things, it is a way of looking at the speed bumps of life in more than just one way. For example, sometimes it’s appropriate and befitting to be serious and sobering about things. One of the quasi-inspirational quotes in my recently published book, Mom and Dad’s Pearls of Wisdom… You Gotta Love ’Em (amazon.com), is “Fool me once fool on you; fool me twice fool on me.”

This morning while on my Harley running a few errands, I met some friends for coffee. Our conversation included a discussion about Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice’s Asian tour – her last stop being in Beijing. (chinadaily.com.cn/english)

Considering the potential crises associated with the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula, Taiwan and the instability across the Taiwan Straits, there indeed was reason for our conversation to be serious. And it was. Nonetheless, we also appreciated that for the first time the United States is sending rice to China.

Carpe diem, Bill

No comments: