Wednesday, February 09, 2011

New Pop-Psych Book – Living Life Anyway – 2nd Edition

As you very well may have seen in my November 11, 2010 Post, after retiring from the University of South Florida last May I took a much-needed hiatus from writing. Yes, I do have my next novel about 80% outlined and have been reading voraciously since, but I also have been busy doing other things with my wordsmith passion. For example, I recently have been working hard on getting my three “tree book” novels up and available as e-books (which will be the topic of my next Post). Moreover, I completed and published the second edition of my 2002 pop-psych book: Living Life, Anyway – 2nd Edition.
Numerous friends and fans have been asking me about this latest book and thus I thought I’d take a moment to tell you about it.

The double entendre in the title of this book captures it all. Living Life is what it’s all about– not existing through life or struggling through life, but living life. Moreover, you can live your life anyway –anyway meaning “any way you want to live your life” and anyway meaning “in spite of the unwanted and undeserved dirty deals your life may have handed you.” For many people, life’s most important journey is an inward journey… a life of inward travel. Seriously and humorously, the book’s 22 chapters address living life: Consciously, Presently, Hopefully, Autonomously, Interdependently, Congruently, Trustingly, Honestly, Fearlessly, Temporally, Passionately, Responsibly, Structurally, Compartmentally, Purposefully, Serenely, Spiritually, Morally, Genuinely, Lovingly, Peacefully and Happily. This book, an enjoyable and fun read, and offers many opportunities to seriously look within and appreciate that in spite of outside turmoil and difficulties, a person still can live a meaningful and happy life, anyway.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this 2nd Edition of Living Life, Anyway, please let me know. If not, enjoy reading it (if you already haven’t).


Til next time when I’ll tell you about my three soon-to-be-published e-books,

Bill


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Dad. Glad you're getting a chance to "relax" in your own way.

Scott

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Hi Scott,
Thanks for your observant and caring Comment... as you tacitly say, we all "relax" in our own way.
Thanks again, Son,
Dad

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you have included JOY in your second edition. Acknowledging joy mentally and physically to the fullest isn't something that comes easy to many people. Don't know why some folks cut their absorbing pure joy off and don't allow themselves the totally delight in the experience. Often joy I think brings tears and maybe we've been conditioned that those tears are not acceptable. Joy can also lead me to dance a wild and crazy 'Snoopy' dance which is anything but refined behavior for an old lady! But dance and cry I will!
I hope you Bill also let the full impact of joy be experienced.
Hugs, Malisa

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Hi Malisa,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and considerations. Indeed, "Joy" is an important part of life and happiness.
Interestingly, I do not address "Joy" directly, but in Chapter 22. "Living Life, Happily," I say things like:
"Happiness is a byproduct of effective living;
it is a manner of traveling – not a station you arrive at."
Thus while I do not address "joy" directly, it certainly is integrally interwoven with Happiness and Living a Happy Life.
Thanks for the visit!
Joyously yours,
Bill

anger @ said...

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. See the link below for more info.

anger @
www.inspgift.com

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Thank you for stopping by and sharing an excellent comment. I love it (and it's so true).
Thanks again, Bill